Past MDN events
These recent MDN events illustrate the breadth of topics and the wealth of expertise MDN members can enjoy -either by attending events or by receiving event handouts (even if you can’t make the event). For more details about the philosophy and ethos of our events, see About MDN events.
We publicise events on our website and MDN members can book on-line here.
- Promoting ourselves, our customers, our causes, led by Gaby Riley of RelevantNow and Roger Jones of Actionable Insight. London, June 2015
- Conflict resolution and workplace mediation, led by MDN member Robert Still of Still HR. London, March 2015
- Processes that work: Organisational development and appreciative inquiry, led by Mee-Yan Cheung-Judge, internationally renowned OD consultant, academic and teacher, and Paul Davies, leading practitioner in appreciative inquiry. London, December 2014
- The third sector post-referendum: Sense making seminar, with Deborah Benson of Leaders for Leadership and Jude Turbine of the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. Organised by MDN Scotland. West Linton, December 2014
- Digital literacy II, led by MDN continuing member David Wilcox of Socialreporter.com and Drew Mackie. Organised by MDN Scotland. Edinburgh, 2014
- Organisational development and HR, led by MDN members Gill Taylor, not for profit sector HR specialist; Lin Whitfield, specialist in effective change management; and Anna Stobart, organisational development and HR specialist. London, October 2014
- Visioning the unpredictable, led by MDN members Alan Lawrie, author of Business and Strategic Planning and many other books; Yvonne Deane, specialist in the use of LogoVisual Thinking; and Madeline Hutchins, specialist in creative approaches to management development. London, June 2014
- The independence referendum: Anticipating the unpredictable, with Pat Armstrong from the Association of Chief Officers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations, Ruchir Shah from the Scottish Council of Voluntary Organisations, Chris McGill from Shepherd & Wedderburn solicitors, and Jude Turbine of the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. Organised by MDN Scotland. Edinburgh, May 2014
- Digital literacy: Yours, your clients and its potential for the future of MDN, led by MDN continuing member David Wilcox of Socialreporter.com and Drew Mackie. London, April 2014
- Consulting the specialists II: Working with people, led by Valerie Tomlin of Valerie Tomlin & Associates Ltd; Steve Prince, director of SPA; Professor Derek Mowbray, consultant on the prevention of stress and the promotion of psychological wellbeing and performance; and Jennifer Bright and Justin Haroun, of the Department for Leadership and Development and Centre for Resilience at the University of Westminster. London, November 2013
- Conversation with the OSCR regulator, conversation with David Robb, chief executive of the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. Organised by MDN Scotland with the Association of Chief Officers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations. Dundee, June 2013
- Creative facilitation, led by MDN member Madeline Hutchins, specialist in creative approaches to management development. Organised by MDN South West, Bristol, October 2013 (unfortunately members in the South West are no longer organising events there)
- Getting digital technology to work for you and your clients, led by MDN continuing member David Wilcox of Socialreporter.com and Drew Mackie. Organised by MDN Scotland. Edinburgh, October 2013
- Consulting the specialists I: Working with boards, led by Dorothy Dalton, editor of Governance magazine; Professor Gareth Morgan, former MDN member and professor of charity studies at Sheffield Hallam University; Letitia Smith, chief risk officer at Kleinwort Benson; and Judith Miller or Sayer Vincent accountants. London, June 2013
- The Enneagram of personality types, led by former MDN member Josephine Seccombe, expert in use of the Enneagram for self-management and with teams. Organised by MDN Scotland. Edinburgh, June 2013
- CIO: Yes or no? Issues for trainers and consultants, led by MDN member Sandy Adirondack, co- author of The Russell-Cooke Voluntary Sector Legal Handbook. London, March 2013.