Past MDN events
These recent MDN events illustrate the breadth of topics and the wealth of expertise MDN members can enjoy -either by attending events or by receiving event handouts (even if you can’t make the event). For more details about the philosophy and ethos of our events, see About MDN events.
- Focus on the Future III – Charities v Social Enterprise: healthy competition or conflict of interest? With Anna Fowlie, Chief Executive of SCVO, Zahra Hedges, Business Adviser CEIS, Keith Wimbles, Chief Officer of Voluntary Action Fund and Professor Gareth Morgan, The Kubernesis Partnership. Organised by MDN in Scotland Edinburgh, December 2018.
- Working for now – on leadership and the current and predicted state of charities in England and Scotland with Jane Ide, CEO, NAVCA (National Association for Voluntary & Community Action) and MDN member, Professor Gareth Morgan, Senior Partner, The Kubernesis Partnership. York, October 2018
- Working ‘for the good’ today and in the future with Craig Dearden-Phillips MBE, CEO, Stepping Out, Mathew Lawrence, IPPR, Clive Bane, B3sixty and EU Consult and Mandy Johnson, CEO, Small Charities Coalition. London May 2018
- Training on use of digital IT in our work with trainer Kevin Gilmartin. Organised by MDN in Scotland. Edinburgh October 2017
- Inquiry into Civil Society – the MDN Conversation. London, October 2017
- Our world today yet ready for tomorrow with Karl Wilding, NVCO, Pat Armstrong, ACOSVO, and Anna Nicholl, WCVA representing England, Scotland and Wales. London, April 2017.
- Focus on the Future II: being ready for the unknown with Nancy Fancott, Policy and Development Officer, Community Care Providers Scotland, Leslie Huckfield, Visiting Senior Fellow, Glasgow Caledonian University and Ruchir Shah, Policy Manager, SCVO. Organised by MDN in Scotland. Edinburgh December 2016
- New models of commissioning and procurement – What’s happening in a time of rapid change – with Caroline Howe, Policy and National Programmes Manager, Lloyds Bank Foundation and David Hunter, Consultant, Bates Wells Braithwaite. London, October 2016
- Social Investment – What’s happening and should we be paying attention? Led by Whitni Thomas, Investor Relations Manager, Triodos Bank; James Burrows, Investment Associate, Big Society Capital; Ric Kipling, Founder, CrowdPatch & Cherry Furber, Head of Business Development and Partnerships, Depaul UK. London, December 2015.
- Promoting ourselves – our customers – our causes, led by Gaby Riley of RelevantNow and Roger Jones of Actionable Insight. London, June 2015
- Conflict resolution and workplace mediation, led by MDN member Robert Still of Still HR. London, March 2015
- Processes that work: Organisational development and appreciative inquiry, led by Mee-Yan Cheung-Judge, internationally renowned OD consultant, academic and teacher, and Paul Davies, leading practitioner in appreciative inquiry. London, December 2014
- The third sector post-referendum: Sense making seminar, with Deborah Benson of Leaders for Leadership and Jude Turbine of the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. Organised by MDN in Scotland. West Linton, December 2014
- Digital literacy II, led by MDN continuing member David Wilcox of Socialreporter.com and Drew Mackie. Organised by MDN in Scotland. Edinburgh, 2014
- Organisational development and HR, led by MDN members Gill Taylor, not for profit sector HR specialist; Lin Whitfield, specialist in effective change management; and Anna Stobart, organisational development and HR specialist. London, October 2014
- Visioning the unpredictable, led by MDN members Alan Lawrie, author of Business and Strategic Planning and many other books; Yvonne Deane, specialist in the use of LogoVisual Thinking; and Madeline Hutchins, specialist in creative approaches to management development. London, June 2014
- The independence referendum: Anticipating the unpredictable, with Pat Armstrong from the Association of Chief Officers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations, Ruchir Shah from the Scottish Council of Voluntary Organisations, Chris McGill from Shepherd & Wedderburn solicitors, and Jude Turbine of the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. Organised by MDN in Scotland. Edinburgh, May 2014
- Digital literacy: Yours, your clients and its potential for the future of MDN, led by MDN Associate David Wilcox of Socialreporter.com and Drew Mackie. London, April 2014